Tuesday 27 June 2017

The winter you're having when you're not having a winter!!

June has been a quiet month and although it's the first month of winter, it's yet to get cold in sunny Brisbane. It's been between 20 to 25 C every day and quite muggy on occasion. I was looking forward to a cool winter but circumstances have bought me back to Brisbane. Never mind - there's still time :)

I've spent most of June dog sitting Derek Da Dog and loving it. Caught a couple of movies - The Mummy and Despicable 3 and watched a lot of Netflix.


My beautiful boy xx
Only a Mee Ma could
love that face

The highlight of the month was that I finally sold my "old" car after 3 months of advertising it. The buyers took 3 days to commit and I was getting increasingly anxious because the registration was due ($650) plus the insurance debit was coming up within a few days ($60 per month). Gets a bit expensive when I'm paying out rego and insurance for Snowball as well. Anyway - the deal was done with 5 hours to spare  - big phew because that would have been money down the drain for me. As it was I had to get a second roadworthy done because the first one had run out the week before grrr.


Holden Viva - gone but not forgotten

I'll miss my little car - after riding high in Snowball it felt like my bum was dragging on the road in the Viva - you sit so low lol. 

I had all the paperwork at hand  and rather than climb 3 flight of stairs up to Lee's I opened Snowball and we sat inside in the car park doing the transaction. It made me laugh - sitting in the back of the van with the lights on counting out thousands of dollars - anyone passing by would have been forgiven for thinking it was a drug deal going down.

I must say it's a great relief that it's finally sold although I'll miss it after 7 years of tootling around. It's been good to me.

I spent 5 days house sitting for Lorraine and Jethro while they took the kids off to Port Douglas to posh it up with the rich folk. My charge was Mia - a 3 legged rescue greyhound. She's quite old now and a suspected tumour resulted in her leg being amputated. She's still quite agile and a very loving, gentle dog.


Mia - gorgeous girl

With all the house sitting I've been doing I've missed being on the road  but I'll get a few nights soon. I'm leaving this Friday to go to Wardell NSW for a week then I'll have a week of rest and recreation at Ballina NSW . Then it's back to Brisbane  Qld for a 5 week sit at Banyo. After that I'll travel 2100 kms back to Adelaide for a 1 week sit and then I'll have nearly a month to do a road trip. I'm planning on doing the Great Ocean Road to Melbourne and then continuing on up the  east coast. I also want to go to the War Memorial in Canberra.



I'm so looking forward to this. Up till now I've always been on the way somewhere or coming back from somewhere - I just want to meander :)

I've also signed up to Netflix and downloaded a pile of TV shows and movies to watch along the way. I could buy a TV and antenna but really don't want the bother or use the limited space. This way I  can watch what I want when I want and can top up when I go to Lee's - unlimited downloads :)

Below are some cars I've seen this month


I don't know whether he's a
Donald fan or plays the trumpet
Blind man driving.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment